Domesticating Your Foreign Judgement

Do You Have an Out-of-State Judgement?

If you live in Idaho and have an out-of-state judgment for you, there are some key things to know:

  1. The judgment must first be recorded in the County where the debtor lives, or owns property.
  2. After the judgment has been properly recorded, the Clerk of Court will notify the debtor that your foreign judgment has been recorded.
  3. In most counties, you cannot initiate any collection action until 30 days after the notice has been sent to the debtor by the Clerk.

Speak with a Taylor Law Office representative to learn what we can do for your business!